The following notice was received from the American Kennel Club concerning action taken by the AKC Board of Directors at its November 2020 meeting.
Assisting the Sports - Agility Modifications That Expire at Year End For Agility. Three Regulations are suspended or modified until year-end 2020 to provide clubs and exhibitors flexibility due to COVID-19. The three modifications are:
- Two-judge requirement to title - this waiver will be continued through December 31, 2021.
- Closing Dates –to permanently change Chapter 1 of the Regulations for Agility Trials to allow clubs licensed for agility, at their option, to close the event not less than seven (7) days prior to the trial. This is a change from fourteen (14) days prior to the trial. This change will be effective January 1, 2021.
REGULATONS FOR AGILITY TRIALS
AND AGILITY COURSE TEST (ACT)
Section 14. Opening and Closing Dates.
Opening Date: For all trials, clubs shall set a date and time that entries will first be accepted. Entries received prior to the opening date shall be considered invalid entries and shall be returned as soon as possible.
Closing Date: Clubs shall set a date and time that entries will close.
- The closing date for the trial shall not be less than seven (7) days prior to the trial.
- Entries must be received prior to the published closing date and time.
- Entries for any agility trial may be accepted until the official closing date and time even though the advertised limit has been reached.
- The club may contact exhibitors to notify them of their entry status prior to the closing date.
- Following the closing date, the Trial Secretary shall promptly contact all entrants and advise them of their status. Entries not accepted shall be returned within seven (7) days of the closing date.
- Waiver of Judge Distance and Time Regulation –to extend this accommodation Waiver of 30 days and 100-mile restriction on judges through December 31, 2021. This waiver will be re-evaluated prior to December 31, 2021.
Agility – For Exhibition Only Runs & The Fix and Go Option Made Permanent. In July 2019 the Board approved allowing the offering of For Exhibition Only (FEO) entries and the Fix and Go concept in Agility for a one-year trial period that started January 1, 2020. These regulation changes had been made permanent.
Virtual Agility ACT1 and ACT2 classes. Virtual ACT is extended to December 31, 2021. It will include the new ACT Jumpers classes that will start on February 1, 2021. The virtual offerings will be reviewed again toward the end of 2021