Basset Hound Club of America, Inc.
Member of the American Kennel Club
Choose the membership for which you are applying from this pull-down list.
GUIDELINES OF ETHICAL CONDUCT
Each member of the Basset Hound Club of America will consider the welfare
of the breed when engaging in any activities involving the breeding,
selling or competition of Basset Hounds. BHCA members, both individuals and
member clubs, are urged to comply with the following guidelines:
1. Members of the Basset Hound Club of America will abide by the
constitution and by-laws of BHCA and of the American Kennel Club.
2. Members will ensure that all dogs in their care are provided adequate
food, water and shelter, opportunity for exercises, veterinary care, and
personal attention to monitor their needs.
3. Breeding will be directed toward producing Basset Hounds of exceptional
quality in breed temperament, Basset Hound type and ability to hunt game.
Only healthy and mature dogs and bitches free of congenital defects and of
characteristic breed type, sound structure and temperament shall be bred.
4. Members should not undertake the breeding of a bitch unless they are
prepared to act responsibly regarding the disposition of the resultant
puppies. Members shall be discriminating in the placing of puppies and
adult hounds, choosing environments in which the Basset Hound will receive
suitable care and affection and will not be misused.
5. Basset Hounds offered for sale or males offered at stud must be
presented honestly regarding their pedigrees, their potential as bred and
their faults or the fault possibilities that may develop in maturity.
6. Members of the Basset Hound Club of America will follow good business
practices and ethics in breeding and sales contracts and will honor all
agreements. Written agreements in all dealings regarding Basset Hounds are
7. No member of this club shall engage in the wholesaling of litters or the
selling of breeding stock to commercial sales operations (“puppy mills”).
No member will offer or supply Basset Hounds for prizes, raffles or
8. No member shall engage in false or misleading advertising or
misrepresentation of his/her Basset Hounds or those of competitors.
9. Members will practice the principles of good sportsmanship, considering
competition to be a challenge, not a threat.
10. All members of the Basset Hound Club of America shall conduct
themselves in all aspects of the sport of dogs in a manner designed to
reflect credit upon our breed and our club.
I (we) hereby make application for membership in The Basset Hound Club of
America, Inc. (BHCA) according to Article II of BHCA’s By-Laws, and I (we)
agree to abide by the By-laws and Guidelines for Ethical Conduct of BHCA.
What other breeds do you own, or have you owned in the past?
What is/are your primary reasons for applying for BHCA membership?
Is there anything else you would like us to know about you?
Please sign your mouse or trackpad to sign here. The application cannot be processed without your signature here. Co-Applicants and Junior applicants, if any, must sign below.
Please use your mouse or trackpad to sign here.
Please use your mouse or track pad to sign here.